1N4148 diode is a high-speed switching diode with small size and fast switching.
A diode is a device which allows current flow through only one direction. That is the current should always flow from the Anode to cathode. The cathode terminal can be identified by using a grey bar as shown in the picture above.
For IN4148 Diode, the maximum current carrying capacity is 300mA, it can withstand peaks up to 2A. The specialty of this diode is its fast recovery time of 8ns at a forward current of 10mA, hence this diode is used in places where fast switching are involved.
1N4148 Diode Characteristics
- Fast switching Diode
- Peak repetitive Reverse voltage is 100V
- RMS reverse voltage is 75V
- Peak forward surge current is 2A
- Forward continuous current If 300mA
- Reverse recovery time 8ns
- Available in DO-35 Package
Applications of Diodes
- Can be used to prevent reverse polarity problem
- Protect Power electronic switches that are operating with high switching frequency.
- Half Wave and Full Wave rectifiers
- Used as a protection device
- Current flow regulators
There are no inquiries yet.
There are no reviews yet.