HC-SR501 PIR motion sensor
The PIR sensor stands for Passive Infrared sensor. It is a low cost sensor which can detect the presence of Human beings or animals. This HC-SR501 PIR motion sensor module has three output pins Vcc, Output and Ground as shown in the pin diagram above. Since the output pin is 3.3V TTL logic it can be used with any platforms like Arduino, Raspberry, PIC, ARM, 8051 etc..
PIR Sensor Module Pinout Configuration
|Pin Number||Pin Name||Description|
|1||Vcc||Input voltage is +5V for typical applications. Can range from 4.5V- 12V|
|2||High/Low Ouput (Dout)||Digital pulse high (3.3V) when triggered (motion detected) digital low(0V) when idle(no motion detected|
|3||Ground||Connected to ground of circuit|
PIR Sensor Features
- Wide range on input voltage varying from 4.V to 12V (+5V recommended)
- Output voltage is High/Low (3.3V TTL)
- Can distinguish between object movement and human movement
- Has to operating modes – Repeatable(H) and Non- Repeatable(H)
- Cover distance of about 120° and 7 meters
- Low power consumption of 65mA
- Operating temperature from -20° to +80° Celsius
There are no inquiries yet.