HC-SR501 PIR motion sensor
The PIR sensor stands for Passive Infrared sensor. It is a low-cost sensor which can detect the presence of Human beings or animals. This HC-SR501 PIR motion sensor module has three output pins Vcc, Output and Ground as shown in the pin diagram above. Since the output pin is 3.3V TTL logic it can be used with any platform like Arduino, Raspberry, PIC, ARM, 8051, etc.
PIR Sensor Module Pinout Configuration
|Pin Number||Pin Name||Description|
|1||Vcc||The input voltage is +5V for typical applications. Can range from 4.5V- 12V|
|2||High/Low Output (Dout)||Digital pulse high (3.3V) when triggered (motion detected) digital low(0V) when idle(no motion detected|
|3||Ground||Connected to ground of the circuit|
PIR Sensor Features
- Wide range on input voltage varying from 4V to 12V (+5V recommended)
- The output voltage is High/Low (3.3V TTL)
- Can distinguish between object movement and human movement
- Has to operating modes – Repeatable(H) and Non- Repeatable(H)
- Cover distance of about 120° and 7 meters
- Low power consumption of 65mA
- Operating temperature from -20° to +80° Celsius
There are no inquiries yet.
There are no reviews yet.